I believe that every human being is a contributor in one way or another to the evolution of our being. The following suggested resources and website links in my opinion touch on “root” concepts and ideas which can bring about great awakening and dramatic shifts/transformations in our lives. Like anything else if teachings just touch the surface the shifts and changes will not be long lasting. But those that get to the core and help us look inward to question our thoughts and beliefs can be life changing. I have come to understand that life is more about experiencing than about achieving. Please feel free to contact me with any books, sites or works from others that you find transformational.
(To order this or any other product on Amazon – click on book or dvd ** You will give credit to this site. Thanks! )
1) Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead teaches us how to be present in our everyday experiences and to bring forth the courage to meet uncertainty, risks, and emotional exposure. Whether the arena is a new relationship, an important meeting, our creative process, or a difficult family conversation, we must find the courage to walk into vulnerability and engage with our whole hearts. Dr. Brown challenges everything we think we know about vulnerability. Based on twelve years of research, she argues that vulnerability is not weakness, but rather our clearest path to courage, engagement, and meaningful connection.
2) Loving What Is has a multitude of examples of people STOPPING and questioning their “stress/pain inducing” thoughts. Katie calls her simple method “the work”. She makes a very strong case to become a “lover of reality” because when you go against or argue with “what is” it creates emotional pain. She asks “who would you be without that thought; without your story?” This is one of the most powerful books (and video segments) I have come across which truly helps you live in the moment. Joy and peace will increase in your life.
Powerful video examples of “The Work”:
3) The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book) written by surgeon and healer, don Miguel Ruiz, offers four principles to practice in order to create love and happiness in your life. Adopting and committing yourself to these agreements can be one of the most life changing things you will ever do. The four personal agreements you can choose to adopt are:
1. Be impeccable with your Word: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others.
2. Don’t Take Anything Personally: Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own self-talk and what they have bought into.
3. Don’t Make Assumptions: Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama.
4. Always Do Your Best: Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.
This book supports a lot of the Inca Shamanic principles I teach.
4) The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery (Toltec Wisdom) – is the continuation to The Four Agreements book. Don Miguel Ruiz, co-author, states “By practicing the Five Agreements, what you are really doing is respecting everything in creation. You are respecting your dream; you are respecting everybody else’s dream. If you use these tools, your effort is really for everyone, because your joy, your happiness, your peace, and your heaven are contagious. When you are happy, the people around you are happy too, and it inspires them to change their own world.”
5th Agreement is The Power of Doubt: Be skeptical, but learn to listen. Basically it is about questioning what you tell yourself and what you have believed as “truth”. It also supports you in question everything you hear; Is it really the truth? Listen to the intent behind the words, and you will understand the real message.
This book supports a lot of the Inca Shamanic principles I teach.
5) The Ultimate Healing System greatly details nutritional deficiencies and their correlating symptoms/ailments. He also teaches muscle testing (need a partner, there are other methods which do not require a partner). Dr. Lepore began to do this ground breaking work in the early 1970’s. For those of you that want to get on the path of becoming your “first” doctor for yourself and your family this is the best guide around. Fifty percent of the success with my clients I attribute to the findings of Dr. Lepore. The rest is additional experience that I bring to the table to complete the puzzle.
6) Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives shares some very compelling client cases. Within a 30 year period Dr. Newton worked with 7,000 clients in achieving spiritual regressions. This allowed for a reconnection of memories about life between lives; before the soul incarnated. If you have ever thought “there has to be more to life”, you are correct. If you have yearned for deeper meaning and connection you will understand why. You may come to the realization that you are much more than who you think you are (so is everyone else)…there is such greatness, courage and love in each soul within the human. This is our true and eternal essence.
The following is a 5 part video interview on YouTube of Dr. Newton:
7) Your Soul’s Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born discusses why we ourselves plan our greatest challenges before we’re born. Schwartz states “it’s not for the purpose of suffering but for the growth that would result”. He researched the pre-birth plans of dozens of individuals and in is book shares the stories of ten of the people who planned physical illnesses, having handicapped children, deafness, blindness, drug addiction, alcoholism, losing a loved one, and severe accidents. Suffering that once seemed purposeless becomes imbued with deep meaning; negative feelings are healed and replaced by acceptance, forgiveness, gratitude, and peace. We can never look at ourselves as victims once we recognize this truth.
The following is an interview regarding some of the stories in the book:
8) Focusing helps to change where our lives are stuck. It was developed in the early 1970’s by Dr. Gendlin. The Focusing method taps into and unlocks the wisdom of your body. Your body can guide you through uneasy, upsetting or confusing times or through a decision making process. Focusing teaches you how to find deep shifts in your body and get a “knowing” or “aha” moment of what truly is going on. This allows for dramatic change. This “felt sense” that Dr. Gendlin refers to leads you to profound insight, clarity and greater inner-peace. The end result is a “felt shift”. Both this method and Byron Katie’s method compliment and enhance each other. Very powerful, very practical.
9) The Reconnection explains how this modality of vibrational/frequency came about. Dr. Eric Pearl was a successful Chiropractor in Los Angeles. After a strange session he had with another healer he began to evolve in his own abilities to heal. He has allowed himself and this healing to be studied by Universities. For the last 12 years Dr. Pearl has committed himself to imparting the light and information of the Reconnective Healing process through extensive lectures and seminars about The Reconnection. This book is somewhat auto-biographical. For inquiring minds this will answer all your questions about The Reconnection.
10) Primary Perception: Biocommunication with Plants, Living Foods, and Human Cells describes some of Cleve Backster’s most pivotal experiments over a 36 year period of time. He shows how all life forms have the capability of responding to one another. There seems to be a universal metaphysical (non-physical, bio-communication) language that is captured by plants, bacteria and animal cells. We as humans can also capture these vibrations/energies in our cells but we are not aware. Backster has amazing work with human leukocytes (white blood cells). If nothing else his work helps us consider how thoughts and other stimuli are of consequence and that everything seems to be interlinked and interdependent; we can tap into each other. It has been said that the Universe is an organism of systems. I believe this bio-communication or “sea of energy” is one of the Universes’ systems and we are all swimming in it.
The following video is an example of Cleve Backster’s fascinating work (old clip):
11) The True Power of Water: Healing and Discovering Ourselves documents Dr. Emoto’s water crystals experiments. They support the view that our words and intentions can cause a shift in molecular structure. This is probably why any type of energetic work like Shamanic energy gifts, Reconnective Healing, Byron Katie’s “The Work”, Gendlin’s “Focusing” or Emotional Freedom Technique can lead to transformational shifts within our body and consciousness. FYI, Dr. Dean Radin, of the Institute of Noetic Sciences, later conducted a triple-blind study and replicated Dr. Emoto’s work.
The following video illustrates the different formations of the water crystals depending on what they were exposed to:
12) You Can Heal Your Life, the movie, expanded version takes its name from Louise Hay’s best-selling book originally published in the 1980s. Its various metaphysical guest authors and teachers talk about the healing power that is within each one of us. The DVD stresses the points that we are responsible for our own happiness and that every thought we think creates our future but because it is only a thought it can be changed. The following DVD is the expanded version. The 1st Disc is 90 minutes and the 2nd disc features the full length interviews of the guest speakers on Disc 1. The following is a short excerpt of the video –
13) Try It On Everything (DVD) demonstrates the profound internal shifting of 10 people while utilizing “Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)”. EFT can literally be called “freedom at your fingertips” because while tapping on key acupuncture points and focusing on an issue the body begins to release “stuck” energy revolving around the issue. Significant healing can occur. I came across EFT about 8 years ago. I learned it from a practitioner and have used it on myself and my family ever since. The DVD is the most powerful documentary I have seen on this topic; 90 minutes.
Video examples of the movie “Try It On Everything”:
14) My Stroke Of Insight details the fascinating story of Harvard-trained brain scientist, Jill Bolte Taylor. At age 37 she experienced a massive stroke when a blood vessel exploded in the left side of her brain. She observed her own mind completely deteriorate to the point that she could not walk, talk, read, write, or recall any of her life, all within the space of four brief hours. As the damaged left side of her brain–the rational, grounded, detail, fear filled and time-oriented side–swung in and out of function, Taylor alternated between two distinct and opposite realities: the euphoric nirvana of the intuitive and kinesthetic right brain, in which she felt a sense of complete well-being, peace, connectedness, grandeur, expansiveness; and the logical, sequential left brain, which recognized Jill was having a stroke. It would take eight years for Dr. Taylor to heal completely. Today Taylor is convinced that the stroke was the best thing that could have happened to her. It has taught her that the feeling of nirvana is never more than a mere thought away. By stepping to the right of our left brains, we can all uncover the feelings of well-being and peace that are so often sidelined by our own brain chatter. Dr. Taylor is now on a mission to teach us all that peace truly is accessible to anyone, at any time!
15) The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles, and Belief – Between 1993 and 2000, a series of groundbreaking experiments revealed dramatic evidence of a web of energy that connects everything in our lives and our world—the Divine Matrix. From the healing of our bodies, to the success of our careers, relationships, and the peace between nations, this new evidence demonstrates that we each hold the power to speak directly to the force that links all of creation. What would it mean to discover that the power to create joy, to heal suffering, and bring peace to nations lives inside of you? How differently would you live if you knew how to use this power each day of your life? Give yourself the opportunity to take the journey of bridging science, spirituality and miracles through the language of The Divine Matrix.
16) Harmonology: An Insider’s Guide to Healthy Relationships Through Music If your relationships are feeling like too much of a challenge or you seek to improve the quality of your life and relationships, I offer Harmonology to help you create the life you want and deserve. You create your own reality whether you know it or not. Get into the process of personal transformation! Move to the next level of awareness and get more deeply connected with your loved ones and soul mates. All your healing and desires are here for you.
Find out how you and your close personal relationships are seen through the eyes of music. Learn what interval your vibrational pattern makes with the ones you love. Then, simply apply the laws of music as found in Harmonology and begin to heal, repair and elevate the dynamic energy you share with each person in your life.
Harmonology will help you in many ways:
• Letting go of past family wounds
• Learning to deeply understand the challenging relationships with your children
• Resolving hidden issues with your employer or co-workers
• And, creating a closer and more loving bond with your soul mate.
Learn too, about the hidden challenges inherent in your relationship interval and begin a new life of joy, co-operation and caring.
17) The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness supports you in staying aligned to what is for your Highest Good. In reconnecting with your intuition (which I consider Divine connection), trusting it and utilizing it, you witness great shifts and abundance in all areas of your life. The belief that “I can do this on my own” or “It’s me against the world” is so exhausting and self-defeating. Penney Peirce does a wonderful job in explaining, teaching and offering exercises which will build your confidence in developing this ability to its fullest potential. She understands the importance of doing “deep interior housekeeping” in order to become receptive to the divine intuitive exchange. When intuition is active, life becomes magical and is filled with synchronicity, creative flow, accurate choices, and abundant knowledge.
18) I Am the Word: A Guide to the Consciousness of Man’s Self in a Transitioning Time – Humanity has lost itself. Both as individuals and as a world culture, we have forgotten our true nature. In I Am the Word, writer and medium Paul Selig has recorded an extraordinary program for self- realization, as dispensed through beings of higher intelligence, sometimes called Guides or Ascended Masters. These figures seek, as they have in the past, to assist men and women in discovering the higher, purposeful nature-or “Christed Self”-that lies dormant within us all.
In a series of enticing, irresistibly practical dialogues, the Guides of I Am the Word identify the emotional “boulders” that displace our authentic selves and consume our potential. The Guides provide to-the-point psychological and existential insights, along with self-developing exercises and affirmations, which begin to strip away residues of fear, self-doubt, and self-suffocating habits.